Tuesday 18 October 2011

iPhoneApp Finds Wife With Another Man

When Apple released its new iOS 5
operating system to go with its
iPhone 4S, it touted a new app
called "Find My Friends" as a great
way to track and meet up with
friends. If they agree, you can see
their locations on a map on your
screen.
But the app's enterprising customers
are apparently already finding
other uses. If the online posts
appearing on a chat forum at
MacRumors.com are for real, "Find
My Friends" may have already
claimed its first marriage.
Saturday night on MacRumors, a
man saying he lived in New York
City posted this:
"Divorcing wife. Thanks iPhone 4s
and Find My Friends.
"I got my wife a new 4s and loaded
up find my friends without her
knowing. She told me she was at
her friends house in the east
village. I've had suspicions about
her meeting this guy who live
uptown. Lo and behold, Find my
Friends has her right there.
"I just texted her asking where she
was and the dumb b---- said she
was on 10th Street!! Thank you
Apple, thank you App Store, thank
you all. These beautiful treasure
trove of screen shots [sic] going to
play well when I meet her ... at the
lawyer's office in a few weeks.
"thankfully, she's the rich one."
It has not been
determined whether
the story posted on
MacRumors was, in
fact, authentic, and
the man did not
immediately reply
to a request from
ABC News for
comment. But more
than 100,000 people
have viewed the
posts, according to
MacRumors. More
than 300 of them
replied with
expressions of
sympathy, skepticism and --
this being the
Internet -- a few
less-than-savory
jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment