Thursday 20 October 2011

Osaze: Why I didn’t play wellagainst Guinea

West Brom striker Osaze Peter
Odemwingie has given a hint on
why he failed to lift the Eagles
during their Nations Cup
qualifier against Guinea.
Osaze squandered a couple of
begging chances in the first
half of the October 8 match. He
came under intense criticism,
for his dismal outing. And as if
that was not enough, the
former Bendel Insurance of
Benin striker poured abuse on
fans and sports journalists on
twitter, he later apologised.
But after scoring in West Brom
win over Wolves last weekend,
Osaze said in interview that it
was his misunderstanding with
coach Samson Siasia that made
him lose his composure.
“I had a little dispute with the
coach and he has a lot of
support in Nigeria so there was
a little negative reaction to it,”
said the player
He added that he was stunned
by the load of criticism heap on
him after the game.
“It’s been tough. My country is
so big and we didn’t qualify
for the African Nations Cup and
football means so much to
Nigerians.
‘There were critics looking for
reasons and I felt a little bit
over-blamed for the team’s
failure to qualify. It was a
collective effort.
‘I think the personal criticism
was more about my relationship
with the manager. I think that’s
what caused this situation.
‘I was always appreciated and
supported in the national team
because I play and give 100%
for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment